Newcastle man critical after garage gas explosion in South East

Newcastle man critical after garage gas explosion in South East

Email this article to a friend To send a link to this page you must be logged in.

A Newcastle man who died after a garage gas explosion in a busy East End street has been awarded an estimated $10.7 million in compensation.

James Egan, 49, died in hospital after the blast at the East End garage at New Cross, near the foot of a busy St Mary’s street, on Mjarvees.comonday evening.

Newcastle coroner Dr Jonathan Dickson said the number of people who died had risen to 18, while police still had no sign of a controlled explosion, even though CCTV footage showed a small amount of fumes being released from one of the blast’s cylinders.

He said police would pay out an estimated $17 million.

Dr Dickson said the “huge loss” to East Northside residents and their families had left the City of Newcastle “disappointed and shocked”.

H더킹카지노e said: “It is a matter of considerable regret for the local community, particularly those who were affected at New Cross and will have an enormous loss to the community at large.

“It has been determined this is the worst-case scenario associated with these events and no reasonable expectation has been placed that control will be lost as a result.

“The amount of injury to the community from this accident must be a matter of profound concern.”

The garage’s owner had been granted an injunction to keep his garage clear of the site, and was allowed to open it again, on Monday morning.

‘Unprecedented’ blast

Police also said there were indications that one of the vehicles that had hit the garage had been deliberately turned off.

Assistant chief constable Stuart Green said: “This was an unprecedented event involving an explosive device and the local community have lost a young man.

“This incident is a tremendous loss to our neighbours in the South East and our sympathies are with everyone affected by it.”

It 더킹카지노has been previously revealed that Mr Egan was previously convicted of assault on a police officer and had been sentenced for drug possession on two occasions in 2015 and 2016.

He told the BBC he was a former drug dealer.

The North East Ambulance Service said on Monday it would be providing a medical team to Newcastle City Council as part of an investigation into the incident.

A post mortem examination by officers will be carried out before a toxicology report is prepared and it is expected an explosion will occu

SHARE THIS POST

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Myspace
  • Google Buzz
  • Reddit
  • Stumnleupon
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Technorati

Leave A Response